Tuesday, April 30, 2019






April 16, 2019          "HUNTER HIVE"



Clear day. No wind.



The bees seem happy with their new hive. I peeked inside and there's a ton of activity!  :)






 The goal is to keep them happy and thriving. Since the nectar may not be flowing just yet, they girls may need sugar syrup to tide them over. I cooked a 1:1 mix of sugar and water. I just boiled it till the sugar dissolved and let it cool.







Among the frames, I have a feeder frame. I fill it with sugar syrup and the bees can access it as needed.







This should provided enough food for a while. I'll check on the sugar syrup the next time I check the bees. So far, everything looks fine. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

   Nectar cells. HIVE CHECK     "Hunter Hive"      7/20/2019 Clear day. Moderate temperature. Before going ...